Mother's Day Out
Registration is currently underway!
*To set up a tour of our MDO program, please call Wendy Bittner at 281-232-6622, ext.134 or click on the contact button and send her an email.
About Mother's Day OutMother's Day Out is a Christian based academic program for toddlers and preschoolers. First Rosenberg's MDO program is committed to better learning in a safe and secure Christian Environment. The mission of MDO is taken from Luke 2:52, "Jesus increased in wisdom and stature and in favor with God and man."
Mothers Day Out has been serving our community for over 30 years. We offer a two day a week program that meets Tuesdays & Thursdays from 9:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.; September - May each school year. Children between the ages of 18 months to 5 years old (as of Sept. 1st) may attend.
We offer classes taught by loving and well qualified Christian teachers in a safe and secure environment. We offer many learning centers including a computer lab for ages 3 through pre-k. Our students attend bi-weekly chapel services with Christian music and movement as well as Bible stories. For all of our age groups we have a low teacher to student ratio.
WEE Learn is one of the most well respected curriculum's nationwide. It helps teachers build an early childhood program which balances all areas of learning i.e., academic, spiritual, mental, emotional, and social. Each class is structured in centers which make learning fun through experiencing rather than listening. We offer 8 learning centers: Art, Book & Listening, Nature & Science, Writer's Corner, Music, Home-Living/Dramatic Play, Blocks, and Puzzles & Manipulatives. These experiences facilitate language, social, motor and spiritual growth. Themes are selected by our teachers monthly which provide opportunities for the growth of each child. Each theme ties into a Christian message which is reinforced throughout the month. Both academic and spiritual elements are explored, experienced and reinforced.
- 18 months - 24 months - The development of various motor skills and the learning of the educational concepts are part of the curriculum. This includes sharing, giving, respect and feelings.
- Terrific Twos - We recognize the importance of structured and unstructured play for two year olds, but at the same time we realize the need and desires of children to develop certain skills at different stages. Therefore, we have tried to develop a well-rounded curriculum that includes special programs, guest speakers and other activities. (Scroll to the bottom of this page to view a virtual tour of the Terrific Twos classroom and the playground.)
- Wonderful Threes - This program provides a range of activities designed to meet the needs of three-year-olds at their level of development. We provide guidance and activities in each unit to help each child develop language, reading, writing, and math skills appropriate to his or her stage of development.
- Fabulous Fours - The program for four year olds is designed to prepare the child socially and educationally to enter kindergarten. We stress such concepts as fine and gross motor skills, listening skills, hand/eye coordination, colors, shapes and size, introduction to letters and numerals, and self control.
There are various fees that apply to our MDO program.
Registration fee of $75.00 per child and ($92.50)-1/2 of May's tuition is due at the time of registration (total of $167.50) and is non-refundable.
*Students who attend on a one-day-a-week basis are also required to pay non-refundable amounts for their registration fee ($75.00 and 1/2 May's tuition ($62.50) at the time of registration.
A supply fee is paid twice yearly due with September and January's tuition payments. All classes are $65.00 per child.
MDO T-Shirts are $15.00 and are required for all children.
Pizza Lunch is $5.00 and is provided the last Thursday of each month and is optional.
This fee is based on a nine month school year which is divided into equal monthly payments.
- One day per week (Tuesday or Thursday) $1125.00 yr. / $125 mo.
- Two days per week (Tuesday and Thursday) $1,665.00 yr. / $185 mo.
- using a sign-in sheet
- keeping classroom doors closed
- no windows in most classrooms
- monitoring traffic and providing assistance in preschool halls
- background checks on teachers
- safety training for all teachers
- at least two teachers in every class
- FBC name tag identifying teachers
- name tags for all volunteer teachers
- changing diapers on a sanitized, disposable surface
- using disposable gloves for diaper changes, nose blowing, and first aid
- helping children wash their hands after using the toilet, after using a tissue, and before eating
- using a disinfecting solution for cleaning mats, toys, and equipment after each use
- monitoring the health of each child present and notifying the parents when a child is contagious or ill
- implementing current recommendation of the Committee on Control of Infectious Disease of the American Academy of Pediatrics
If you have any more questions please feel free to contact our MDO Ministry, by clicking on the contact button below.